SPONSORED OBSTACLE HORSE RIDE
GREAT WESTWOOD EQUESTRIAN PARK
Old House Lane, Langleybury, Kings Langley, Herts. WD48RS
Saturday 28th September 2013
25 novice cross-country jumps
( many alternative expert jumps including optional water complex)
Minimus course of 25 jumps of Max. 1’6”
ALL JUMPS OPTIONAL
- Best turned-out horse and rider 16yrs & over
- Best turned-out horse and rider under 16
- Best sponsored rider 16yrs & over
- Best sponsored rider under 16
- Special Award
- Gold Rosettes on completion
- Completion Certificate
All proceeds to charity including Riding For The Disabled Association
1. The ride is open to all provided that the horse or pony is at least 4 years old and the sponsorship conditions are met.
2. The course comprises woodland tracks and grass gallops. Riding across or along the inside areas of the gallops is not permitted and will lead to disqualification. All obstacles are optional and any one (or several) may be omitted. The majority of obstacles will be around 2 feet high (1’6” in the minimus course) and there will be alternative jumps of a more testing nature for the experienced rider, 3 to 3’6” in height. There will be no elimination for refusal and each rider is allowed 3 attempts at each obstacle. After the 3rd refusal the obstacle must be omitted and no further attempts will be allowed.
Failure to carry out instructions or the course stewards may lead to disqualification. Competitors may drop out on route but must notify the nearest steward.
3. All riders must wear hard hats of PAS 015 or BSEN 1385 standard body and protectors. You will not be permitted unless you do so.
4. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
5. The decision of the committee on all matters is final.
6. The organising committee, the owners of Great Westwood Equestrian Park, the Watford Lions Club and all benefiting charities accept no liability for any damage, injury or illness to any person, animal or property, however caused.
7. On receipt of the entry form, competitors will be allocated and notified of the starting time and their entry number. On arrival please report to the Secretary’s Tent and deposit your sponsor form (please come back and collect it at the end) and collect your number. Late arrivals may have to wait until the starter can accept them.
8. The entry fee of £15 must be sent with the entry form for each horse entered and is non-refundable. Entry on the day £20
Each competitor must find there own sponsors and guarantee to collect a minimum of £20 per competitor. It is important to stress that all proceeds will go to charity.
- Gold rosettes will be awarded to riders who successfully complete the course jumping all 25 obstacles.
- The competitor who raises the most sponsorship money in each category under 16 and 16 and over on the day of the ride, will each receive a challenge cup.
- The competitor who in the opinion of the judge is the best turned out in each category under 16 and 16 and over will be awarded a challenge cup.
- A special award may be given to a rider or group of riders, who in the opinion of the committee have performed particularly well.
- A completion certificate will be awarded to each competitor on receipt of sponsor money, which should be sent to the treasurer by 31st October 2013.
- All cups are held by the winning competitor for the period of 1 year and must be returned before the next competition.